Sunday, June 21, 2009
The Men in My Life
Father's Day seems like a great time to refllect on the blessings that I have regarding the men in my life. I have probably always been a Daddy's girl, it just goes with the territory of fathers and daughters, and now my own girls are also Papaw's girls. As I have grown, I have developed a deepening respect for my father, and the sacrifices that he has made for me, and the many women in his life. With very little noticeable effort my dad is able to calm me and reason with me. His subtle humor has always been appreciated, and I like to think I inherited some of that. When I married, it wasn't really my goal to marry someone like my dad, but I think I managed it anyway. My husband teases that Freud would have a field day with me. Somehow, I even managed to talk my husband into growing a beard! (My dad has pretty much always had a beard.) I love that my husband can make me laugh without even trying. I love that he has a soft heart, probably softer than he even wants to admit. I love that my girls love their Daddy, and I love that he is strong in the areas that I feel weakest. My dad has an amazing faith that has grown over the years, and my husband has a growing faith that touches my heart. These men have shaped me into the woman that I have become, and I am so very thankful for their influence and love. I feel blessed to have both of them in my life. Happy Father's Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment