Tuesday, March 3, 2009

God the Healer

Today my four year old was snuggling with me on the couch, and while we were snuggling we chatted about the day.  During our conversation she announced that she had gotten hurt earlier when she had been at Mamaw and Papaw's house.  She showed me her microscopic boo boo on her wrist, and she explained how she had gotten it (suffice it to say she was doing something she knew she shouldn't).  I asked, "Do you want me to kiss it and make it better?"  And she said, "No thanks mommy.  God is already taking care of it for me."  I loved it.  Sure it is bittersweet when your little one doesn't need you to kiss her boo boos anymore, but how great is it that she had that feeling of confidence in God at her age?  I hope that this is just the beginning of a pattern, and she will turn to Him in all things.

No comments: