Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Straight from the Paris Runway
My youngest spends a lot of each day wearing dress up clothes. We have several wardrobe changes throughout the day to accomodate different imaginary events. During the winter months, I vigilantly tried to maintain some warmth boundaries, i.e. put the dress up clothes on OVER your normal clothes. It requires work on my part to stay consistent with that rule given how many times a day she does change clothes, both dress up and normal clothes. Anyway, since today was cooler, I encouraged my youngest to follow the same guidelines, as we did in the winter, though her clothes were not nearly as heavy as they were a few months ago. She wanted to put on a frilly dress with no sleeves, and announced that it simply wasn't comfortable wearing it over her normal shirt and her leggings. I told her that was too bad, and if she didn't like the rule she could select another outfit in which to play dress up. To put it mildly, she was indignant. She stormed over, frilly dress in hand, and said, "Mom, fashion models DO NOT wear pants under their dresses!" I wasn't aware that I was raising a fashion model. How remiss I have been!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment