Monday, July 13, 2009
Forgetting Facebook
Today I walked away from Facebook. It feels strange, but it was time to deactivate my account. The world of social networking is not all it is cracked up to be I have decided. The people that I want to keep in touch with, I always have. It dawned on me that the people that I care about are already a part of my life. Instead, Facebook took on a bizarre turn of reconnecting with people that I lost touch with for a reason, or becoming friends with acquaintances that have always only been acquaintances FOR A REASON. I became caught up in keeping up with everyone's random status updates about trivialities, or playing mindless games that were nothing more than time wasters. So, if you want to keep in touch with me, then read my blog or send me an email. Do not look for me on Facebook or any other social network anytime soon. I have cut the cord, and it is oddly freeing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So I guess you won't be tweeting anytime soon?? ;)
I miss you on Facebook - it was shorthand for what is going on in life. I would see your posts and then call to get the full scoop or follow up on what happened next. But I imagine you are enjoying a little extra free time without Facebook!
Post a Comment