As for our church situation, it really isn't a new church so much as we are taking steps to join the church officially. It is kind of weird for me to think about joining a new church, and a Southern Baptist church to boot. Never, say never. I remember in high school, I went to a private Christian school, and we never had dances. Instead we had banquets. In general, the lack of dancing at the school was blamed on the Baptists, after all, in a non-denominational Christian school all denominations and their beliefs had to be respected. I remember thinking that Baptists had to be a real drag. After I married, my husband and I visited a Baptist church and the sermon was so obscenely long, we vowed to never attend one again.Ever. And here we are now, on the brink of joining one. Most everything feels right about it, except for one thing. The thing is, I have never officially joined a church before. At least not one that wasn't my home church; the church that I attended my entire young life, and several years of my adult life. Even when my husband and I lived in a different state we never actually joined a church officially, though we were regular attendees at one. Despite that mental hang up, I feel this is the place we are being called to attend. Good things are happening at this church, and I want to be a part of that.
We are beginning some new chapters in our lives this month, but that is okay. I am a fan of reading, and I always like starting new chapters.
No comments:
Post a Comment