Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Remember When?

Had dinner at 8:30 tonight, thanks to a jam-packed day, and now I have popped my first two Tums of the night, certain to be followed by more. Do you remember when you could eat after 8pm and it didn't make you completely sick to your stomach?  I used to be convinced that I had a stomach of steel, and now I am realizing it had nothing to do with steel, it has to do with AGE. A young stomach can handle all sorts of torturous foods at any hour of the day. No wonder senior adults eat dinner at 4:30, they probably need all the time they can get between digestion and bed! I used to mock my husband and his ridiculously sensitive stomach telling him, "you should know better". Now that I am in his shoes he just passes me his Tums and withholds his commentary.  Obviously, he is a little bit nicer than I am. So here is my question, other than wine, does anything get better with age?

No comments: