Monday, September 10, 2012

Keeping Up

I am finding it hard these days to keep up with the blogging.  Having taken on the role of a tutor/teacher for our local homeschooling group, is keeping me on my toes.  I mean, I don't care if my own kids get a little bored when I am teaching them, but the 8 kids I meet with every Tuesday, well, I want them to look forward to our time together.  For that to happen, it takes work, A LOT of work.

Besides that, I am struggling with a level of selfishness. Most days, I don't have any time to do what I WANT to do.  Not that I am 100% sure what that is, but it doesn't matter, because there isn't often an evening free for me to do whatever that would be. I look at our calendar, scheduled months into the future, and I feel slightly resentful of the obligations. Truthfully, I only have myself to blame, as I blindly committed to things here and there, but that knowledge does little to assuage my frustration.  In fact, it highlights my frustration. Making me wonder why I didn't think things through a little better before the commitments were in place.

Well, enough of my whining.  I will share some fun news, and that is, we are breeding our labradoodle.    If things go well, he should be a daddy by Christmas.  The kids already want to lay claim on a puppy, BUT we aren't willing to do that yet. I am however, looking forward to the prospect of cuddling some cute little furry guys in a few months. If they are anything like our dog, they will be adorable.

Less fun news, I went to the dermatologist last week. I had 3 spots removed, two suspicious, one just annoying.  I have to wait for results to come in either this week or the beginning of next, to determine the next course of action. One of three things can occur, all of the results come back fine and I am done, yay! Obviously, this is my preferred result. If the cells are simply abnormal, they will scrape down until they get results that yield a "normal" result. Sounds unpleasant, but still tolerable.  Lastly, if any kind of cancer cells show up, I am referred on to a surgeon. Anyone who knows me, knows I get a little wired about stuff like this.  But, I am really working hard to be calm and just wait, not my strong suit at all.

I will try to keep up my blog a little better in the near future, despite the busyness of life.


No comments: