Thursday, November 20, 2008

Dragging the Feet on the Decorating

I had every intention of doing my Christmas decorating early, but now that the boxes have been sitting in my living room for two days I am quickly losing my motivation. Sorting through decoration boxes is almost like unpacking from vacation, not a huge thrill, at least not for me. My husband has been super busy, therefore he hasn't had much time to help, and who wants to decorate for Christmas alone? My goal tonight is to get the tree half done. I am on my own again this evening, since my hubby has his last Bible study meeting, so I will probably put on a cheesy Christmas movie that I love, and try and get into the spirit that way. Sooner or later it has to be done, the kids keep asking about it. No time like the present, right? One positive though, is I am halfway through ALL of my Christmas shopping, and I am very excited about that. I loathe fighting the crowds at the last minute, and searching for that "perfect" gift that is no longer in stock. Now if I could just hire a personal gift wrapper I would be golden. I like wrapping presents about as much as I like going through boxes of decorations. Where is my father-in-law when I need him? From what I understand he actually likes to do those two things. Oh well, the end products make it all worth it, so I shall persevere. I do enjoy decorations once they are in place, and I love seeing wrapped gifts under the tree and the excitement that generates. On to decorating!

No comments: