Monday, December 8, 2008

Dear Santa

This past weekend my kids were able to visit Santa Claus, and make a last plea for all the things they covet in regards to the impending holiday. My eldest is pretty well covered, because she mentioned her Santa wishlist to me while I was still doing my shopping. My youngest, however, threw a curve ball out of left field, and I am left to decide if "Santa" will come through or not. My shopping is essentially done, and the request isn't so much expensive as it is odd. She wants a jack-in-the-box. I said, "Really? That is what you want Santa to bring you? A jack-in-the-box?" She answered, "Yes, mommy. It plays a song like 'la la la la la', when you wind this thing, and then someone jumps out." I said, "I KNOW what it is, but why do you want it?" Reasoning with a four year old is often difficult. "I just do." So forget dress-up clothes, princess items, Barbies, and other dolls...she wants a jack-in-the-box.

No comments: