Sunday, December 7, 2008

Vertigo Redux

Last time I blogged I thought I was coming to the end of my vertigo, unfortunately, two horrendous days followed. The dizziness was so bad that I could barely stay vertical for any length of time at all. Today has been better. I still feel somewhat "out of it" because it requires so much effort to focus on anything when I feel like this. Normally I am the queen of multi-tasking, but right now I can barely internalize what one person is saying to me directly, let alone keep tabs on what is happening in my "peripheral zone". I am a little leery to be hopeful at today's improved condition, because last Thursday, was followed by my two of my worst days yet with this. My house has gone to the dogs, literally. My trash can was overflowing yesterday, so my dog decided to knock it over and retrieve pizza out of it. This was a first for him, and a last, I am sure. It has just been so hard to keep up with anything so the dishes, laundry, and trash pile up. When I have moments of clarity I do what I can, but they have been few and far between. I have tried motion sickness medicine, recommended by my doctor, and I have tried decongestants that someone else said were helpful. So far, nothing has made a huge impact, so I guess I am just going to have to wait this out. Since patience is not one of my strongest virtues, this waiting is a challenge.

1 comment:

Jaymie said...

mine was NEVER as bad as you are describing, but maybe your dr can call in what mine did - Meclizine. It really helped me out when I had vertigo....