Monday, February 16, 2009
Ridiculous Rebates
Most of the time I avoid rebate items like the plague, unless it is an instant in-store rebate. However, in November my husband needed a new phone, and we were buying it, regardless of the fact that there was a rebate being offered on it. The rebate was for $100, and it just seemed as though it were an added bonus to get $100 off the phone we wanted. I put everything we needed together in a bag, and decided to look at it closely when I got home. Well, the catch was the phone needed to be activated for three months before you could send in the rebate. So, I put everything back in the bag, and it has sat on my counter for three months. Most people probably would have tossed it, I am sure that is what the company offering the rebate was hoping, but not I. It became a mission to send in that rebate information. Today I pulled out the paperwork because the deadline is looming; it must be postmarked by the last day of February. I completed the forms with ease, attached the upc code and receipt, made copies, and then I notice the fine print. Please do not expect your rebate for at least 15 weeks. 15 weeks! Sometime in June we should be enjoying that $100 rebate. All the wait and the work it hardly seems worth the money. Really I don't know why companies even bother. It is obvious that they don't want to pay the rebates by how difficult they make it to even get them in the first place. A less anal retentive person would, I am sure, never receive the benefit of a rebate, but I shall prevail!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment