Sunday, June 19, 2011

Life Happens

I had to take a short blog break. As we all know, life happens and sometimes it is easy to write about the things happening and other times not so much.  We just finished a whirlwind weekend, full of dance recital chaos, flat tire mayhem, a dying dryer, new dryer delivery, and Father's Day celebrations. I am not quite sure we could have squeezed one more thing into our chaotic weekend. So, I am just a wee bit tired looking back on all of that.  Our main bathroom is still gutted, and I am longing to move ahead with the renovations. At the very least I would love to have a floor and toilet again.  Who needs finished walls?

I suppose I should give an update on the Parent Dance.  Good news...IT'S OVER! Better news...I didn't trip and fall on my face!!! I remembered all the steps, and messed up minimally, and apparently no one in the audience could tell how badly I was shaking. It amazes me how my perpetually shy child can get up in front of 600 people and dance so fantastically, but not order her own food at a restaurant.

As for tomorrow, it will be known as Diet Monday.  This stress-filled year has taken its toll on my eating habits. Drowning my sorrows and worries in food. And having just seen a picture of myself from the recital, I am pleased to announce that was the kick in the pants I need to get serious about diet and exercise again. I will let you know how it is going periodically.

Good night!

No comments: