Saturday, June 11, 2011

20 Year Reunion

I just got added to a list on Facebook, regarding my 20 year high school reunion. It is one year away, and I guess the planning has already started. Can I just say, I am not old enough to be attending a 20 year reunion? I mean truthfully I am, but where did all the time go? Suddenly, seeing the list of old high school acquaintances, makes me feel like a self-conscious backward teenager again. I had three friends that attended my high school. One, I just spent some time with in Michigan, and the other two I keep up with via email and occasional visits.  I don't actually need to attend a reunion to catch up with them. In fact, this unpleasant list has generated a few more friend requests via FB from these strangers. I mean, that is what they are, and always have been.  I am not sure any one of them ever talked to me in person, not really. Most days, I am fairly comfortable with who I am, and I would pretty much prefer to keep high school insecurities, where they belong, back in high school.  Instead, I feel them sneaking up on me again, and I am sad to say I actually suffer more from acne now then I did back then, so I don't even have that to bolster my ego. It is unlikely I will actually attend...unless I manage to acquire a smokin' hot bod between now and then. Because really, who doesn't want to attend their high school reunion looking better than they did in high school? I sense this will be a plague to my soul for the next year.

No comments: