Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Funeral Dress

When my grandma died in January, I bought a new dress for her funeral.  In February, my husband's uncle passed away, and since I had the dress I figured I might as well get further use out of it. Now, a friend of our family, but truly a family member of the heart, has passed away, and I imagine I will pull it out again.  I have to admit that I am starting to hate the dress now.  Had I known it would get so much use, I probably would have made do with something I had on hand. If I believed in karma, this would be a perfect example of it coming back to bite me in the butt: buy a "funeral" dress, get more than enough opportunities to wear it.  Therefore, I am bringing my pleas to my blog. The dress has MORE than earned back its price, so enough with the funerals already!  If you know me and love me, please be kind enough to live for many, many, MANY, more years.

No comments: