I have not blogged in a few weeks. Why? Bottom line is that I have been grumpy. Really grumpy. You know the saying, "If Mama ain't happy ain't nobody happy?" Well it is true. But the reason Mama ain't happy is because Daddy ain't happy, and his unhappiness bleeds over into everything else.
So here is the deal, I am at the point where I haven't seen my husband for more than a few minutes everyday for a really long time. Even this weekend, he was here, but he worked from home. And while that doesn't sound terrible, it is REALLY annoying to have him work from home. We have to stay out of his way, we have to be quiet, and he can't participate in any household chores or activities, so his presence merely taunts me, "I am here, but not really." Not to mention, I am becoming increasingly concerned that he is going to keel over from a heart attack any day now, because he sits at a minimum of twelve hours a day, comes home, eats, and then passes out from exhaustion.
Our bathroom is at a complete standstill, with no toilet or sink. My yard has been mowed only twice this summer from him, the rest of the time by me. I have no idea how to prepare normal meals anymore, because he comes home at 8, my one kid has to be to dance by 5, and the other kid is a crazy picky eater, so really, what is the point? It used to be the one chore, the one thing, I could always count on him doing was to take the trash out. Nada. Nothing. Zippo. That is my job now too. There are days he is bitter that I take the kids to the pool or the cheap theater for a movie, because we are having "fun", but the bottom line is I must engage in these activities or I WILL LOSE MY MIND. I am functioning as a single parent right now, and my kids come to me for every want, need, argument settlement, complaint, hug, boo boo fix, story time, and some days I just can't even think straight anymore.
Additionally, while I am carrying this load of every aspect of home life on my shoulders, I get comments from him, "Well, how would you like to go to an office and spend a 12 hour day? It isn't fun." Um, some days that sounds pretty darn appealing. If he had to spend 12 hours a day with our children for an entire unstructured no homeschool summer he would be running back to the office. Instead, because that concept is totally foreign to him, he comes home to a grumpy wife, and then has the nerve to ask, "What day of the month is it? You shouldn't be acting like this yet!" Newsflash, it is NOT PMS!
And just so you know, as I am typing this, the dog just threw up. Lovely. Guess who's not going to have to clean that? Perhaps I should just let the dog return to his vomit as the Bible says. The only one the dog kisses is my husband anyway.
So, there you have it. My rant for today. I hope your day is going smoother than mine.
1 comment:
Maybe if you leave the vomit the dog will go back and eat it! I've been grumpy too! We need a night out.
Post a Comment