Thursday, September 15, 2011

God's Timing

I admit it, there are times I doubt God is involved in my day to day life.  Sometimes I think if he is, he is just allowing crap to happen, instead of good things.  I know he isn't my genie to grant my wishes though, I just have moments of being a pouty spoiled brat.  Can anyone relate?  I find myself asking him, "Why?" about a lot of things, and most days I don't get any answers, or at least not answers that I like.  From my perspective, in my little slice of reality that I can see, things don't always make sense. Again, I know God sees a much bigger picture, but sometimes that feels more like a pat answer, than a reason things happen. That being said, when things come together, and I finally see what has been as work, I feel humbled.

For the last year, there have been several periods of time when my husband has worked insane hours. I knew he had very little control over the time he spent at the office, but I was frustrated internally.  I felt like I was doing the single parent thing.  And when he was home, he didn't help with anything, because he was exhausted. This past summer, his job hit the maximum threshold of unreasonable. Still amazingly enough, I managed to maintain a supportive attitude with him, because I knew it wasn't his fault.  Yet, I was getting feeling resentful.  If I couldn't blame him, God seemed like he could take the heat.

Fast forward, to the last three weeks...give or take.  Finally, my husband was ready to move on from his job. He searched for new employment with mixed feelings.  He would be leaving a LOT of friends behind, but he knew as a family we could not continue functioning the way that we were. He found a new job, which he started this week.  So far, the transition has been a positive one. And here, is where God's timing comes in, the last two days there have been articles in the paper stating that his former company's contract was reduced, and they were laying off 500 people. Wow. I am so thankful that he was prompted to move on at just the right time, at a time before so many people would be searching for jobs. And maybe, if had tried to move on sooner, he would have found a job, but it wouldn't have been the right one.  This one seems like a great fit for him.  And for that, I am very glad.

1 comment:

Jam said...

I am a very big fan of how God's timing always works and never fails. And I amaze myself of how I forget it so easily in some situations and he hasn't failed me yet. His timing is always better than anything I could have tried to imagine or plan myself. So glad you have already seen some of his beautiful tapestry woven together for you in this particular situation.