Saturday, October 6, 2012

They Are Trying To Take Me Down

My whole family has conspired against me.  One by one they have gotten sick. I am the last man, er woman, standing. The problem is, that even though my husband is "on the mend", he still sounds horrible. My eldest, took sick Tuesday night, and my youngest caved last night with a fever.  Temperature checks on the kids, an hour ago, stand at 99.5 for the eldest, and 101.4 for the youngest.   The husband was munching on cereal, with no milk, and while the kids have no real appetite, that sounded like a decent "treat" to them. Hugging his box of Apple Jacks, he declared he didn't want their germy hands in the box, because they were sick.  One should note here, that he was hacking and coughing as he spoke.  Me, I feel fine, just exhausted, because I am not sleeping. Between feverish children waking me and the chorus of phlegmy coughs that fill the not so silent nights, there is no rest for the weary.  And this, this is how it will begin.  Weakening my immune system by sleep deprivation.  Coughing in my face and leaving snotty tissues around the house, that I end up touching in order to dispose of them. It has all been carefully calculated, so that about the time everyone around here is well, I will get this nonsense. At that point, I will be expected to carry on, because I am the mom, and moms aren't allowed to be unwell.

The bright side is, my dog is the happiest he has been in ages.  Having someone home ALL day is a rarity these days. Because of this, he has been spoiled with extra belly rubs all day long. And, my kids, well, at least they are snuggly when they are sick.  They still need their mama. We also watched, The Pirates!  A Band of Misfits, which was cute.  So, It isn't all bad, but it could be better. Tomorrow will look a lot like today did.  We will be staying in until they are fever free for 24 hours.  I am sincerely hoping that will be by tomorrow night.

No comments: