The first thing that invokes my ire, is a repeated inequity that is bestowed upon my kids. I am not cool with people playing favorites between them, ever. Love them both or get out of my face. Second, people that make excuses that translate as "you are not as important as this person or this other thing in my life," suck. When others tell you that they are unavailable to spend time with you because they are spending time with someone else or doing something else, then take a note...you are NOT important to them, no matter what they say with their words. Third, false promises, those are simply lies that are dressed up to make someone seem like a better person than he/she actually is. It allows people to hide behind a false intent, when they probably had no inclination of following through in the first place. Fourth, if I have to repeatedly change my schedule to accomodate someone else, because it is THAT difficult to sync up schedules due to their narcissistic way of life, then again, it sends the message that I/my family is not important. I would much rather someone just admit they are disinterested in us rather than pretend.
As the holidays approach, which in general are a difficult time for me, I am faced with coordinating with people as described above. It is extremely frustrating to me, because I don't feel like I am the appropriate person to address the issues described. Instead, I am a pawn being shoved from one spot to the next on this chessboard of life, no voice in the matter. This is becoming less and less okay with me. The silent fury that I have been asked to endure is bubbling over at an amazing rate, and I am not quite sure how much longer I can sit back.
No comments:
Post a Comment