Thursday, April 10, 2008

Dental Drama

This morning I had a dental appointment. I am not sure why, but six months ago I thought a 7:00 a.m. appointment was a great idea. Anyone that knows me, KNOWS that I am NOT a morning person. Initially, I thought it would be smart to get it out of the way for the day, but this morning when my alarm went off I cursed my ill-placed desire to be efficient. When I got to my appointment my hygienist was all of five feet tall which meant as she lowered the chair I felt like my head was practically touching the floor. The incline was steep enough that it actually hurt my back. I made a note to myself to next time ask for a taller hygienist. Luckily, my hygienist did not decide to enter the field of therapy, because she started off asking me about possible vacation plans this summer, and I said we didn't have any, so she began talking about cruises. As she rambled during my cleaning her talk of cruises somehow involved into her talking about human trafficking and kidnapping. Since her hands were in my mouth, I had no way to tell her to just stop talking, but seriously, it was one of the last things I wanted to hear about at 7:00 in the morning. After this experience, I firmly believe it should be a rule, that there should be no talking during the first appointments of the morning.

No comments: