Saturday, May 10, 2008
Mother's Day
I don't have any huge hopes or aspirations for Mother's Day. My requests are simple. I want my husband to reattach a cool air return vent cover to the wall in our kitchen. It was taken off probably three years ago, and I can't take it anymore. It has been propped up against the wall, and it falls over repeatedly. Then the kids try to stick their feet down the vent, which is not clean, and it has just gotten to the point that it annoys me. I am tired of trying to tell them to leave it alone, and I am tired of picking up the vent cover and propping it back up in front of the gaping hole only to have it fall over again. The screws have been lost, and the wall has crumbled a bit where the original screw would have fit, so it will require some effort to reattach it, but really is it that hard? Another thing I would like is well-behaved children, but really, what mother doesn't hope for this on Mother's Day? We are on the right track for that I think though. They have really been improving the last few days. And lastly, I would like a really good back rub. I have a very bad back, which was aggravated/caused by a car accident that I was in 11 years ago. Over the years, my husband has put in many hours rubbing my back, I am sure, but it has been a long time since I have had a really good back massage. So these are my Mother's Day wishes, nothing grandiose, but for the most part grandiose isn't my style. Here's hoping your Mother's Day wishes are granted too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment