Monday, September 8, 2008
My Pity Party
I am feeling exasperated. Bamboozled. Completely irritated. Our never-ending saga with our rental house limps on and on and on. What has been happening? Well, we spent A LOT of money to fix it up, and now there it sits. No renters. Nothing. My favorite comment today from our current rental management company is, "Well if it were May or August we would have a lot of people interested in renting, but since it is September, we don't expect much." Great. I prompted, I prodded, I begged and pleaded, and my husband and other family members worked their tails off trying to get the house completed in August, but to no avail. The contractors didn't come through with the rest of the work. The house wasn't done until two weeks ago. So now it sits. If I could turn back the hands of time we certainly would not have ever purchased this house 5 years ago. Some days I feel positively ill over the financial drain that it has become, and the most frustrating thing is I don't seem to have any control over plugging up the drain. The market is against us, timing is against us, and incompetent workers are against us. It is like trying to run in a pile of quicksand. The more we try to move or fix the problems, the further we sink. Our only choice seems to be to plod on through the mess, but the plodding on doesn't come without hesitation, trepidation, and sometimes outright fear. Honestly, some days I push it far enough out of my mind that I don't even think about it at all. Those are the good days. Unfortunately, something eventually pushes it back into my face, and I find myself worrying about it again. Today has been one of those days. So I am allowing myself to wallow now, and tomorrow, I will try to return to the power of positive thinking and unrelenting prayer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment