Thursday, September 4, 2008
A Little Flat
Today was not one of those stellar days. It was just one of those days where everything seemed a bit off for me. It really started last night, as I was driving to the post office to drop off a letter. I had a woman follow me into the parking lot, and motion for me to roll down my window. When I looked, it was actually a lady from my church. She said that my tire looked flat. There was air, but not much. My husband and I filled it up last night, with the intent of having all of the tires checked today, because we had filled two tires not more than a month ago, and the others were looking low as well. No visible nails were seen in any tires, but I obviously had a leak. This morning I had a meeting at church, and I was dropping my kids off at my parents' house, and I remembered I needed to look at the offending tire again, just to double-check the air status, and of course it looked low. My dad checked it for certain, and it had lost half the air between last night and this morning. In fact, he began inspecting all of my tires, and none looked great from a tread standpoint. Long story short I now have four new tires on my car. Wasn't really what I wanted, but there was also a lot of cracking in the tires as well, and with the onset of winter not being too far away I didn't want to mess with tire issues. In addition to my tire troubles, I had a "dressing down" by a young woman from my church that did not see eye to eye with me on a certain issue. It wasn't the time or the place to get into an argument, so I defended my side briefly then held my tongue. Not my strong suit, but I managed. The whole incident bothered me enough, that it kind of set the tone for my day. All in all, life in general today has felt a little flat, not just my tires.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment