Thursday, January 1, 2009
My Guy
Being a stay at home mom I don't have the occasion to dress up much. Our church is fairly casual, so there really is no need on that front to wear dressy clothes either. I have a few staples of dress clothing that I whip out when needed, but that really doesn't happen often. This week, as you probably can ascertain, I needed to dress up for my aunt's funeral. I have plenty of black skirts, four I think, so I was covered on that end, but the day of, I realized I had no hosiery suitable for wearing. I called my husband, and asked him to pick up some black hosiery on his way home from work. He was obliging, and I didn't think much of it. Until of course, he arrived home. He handed me the bag and there were two boxes in it. He mumbled that it was buy one get one free. I said, "Oh. Well, thanks." He then said, "Um, I don't want to buy hosiery anymore. Tampons are fine, because people KNOW those aren't for me, but hosiery COULD have been for me. And then the lady at the register informed me that it was buy one get one free, so I had to leave the line to go back and get another pair. It was a long line of people that watched me get another pair." So my thought for today is that you know you have a good man when he is willing to purchase your hosiery on his own, in front of a lot of other people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment