Monday, January 19, 2009

Stained and Cursed

My youngest has a pale pink outfit that she wears with some regularity.  It satisfies my requirements for winter wear because "pants" are involved, albeit they are technically leggings. Her requirements are met because the sweater that accompanies the leggings is technically a "dress", and she is all about the dresses.  It is a win-win situation for both of us, or at least in theory it is.  The problem is, that unlike any other outfit she wears, this one is a magnet for stain disasters.  I swear every time she puts these clothes on it is like chocolate, tomato sauce, juice, oatmeal, poop, urine, blood, markers, paint, you name it, fall out of the sky to stain and taint some part of this outfit.  I can't tell you how many times I have had to treat and soak this outfit prior to washing.  If I didn't like it so well, I probably wouldn't bother.  I am not what you would call a Martha Stewart type of gal, if a stain doesn't come out with minimal effort I consider the garment to be lost forever.  But because this has been a favorite, I labor, and I will be honest I am starting to not like the outfit quite so much.  I am very eager for the approach of warm weather, so that I can toss this outfit, and avoid further stain removal from it.

1 comment:

Jaymie said...

can we find her another?