Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Blogging Again....
It has been nearly two years since I have written...anything. I used to write all the time, but realized that sometimes I could not write with complete honesty. My blog posts, had to be edited to not offend people in my life, and my fiction writing, well, I was afraid someone would infer my own life into my writings, so I steered clear of anything controversial. The last two years I have experienced a lot of difficult situations, and my stress levels actually began to manifest themselves in unhealthy ways. Not that stress is ever healthy really, but when it wreaks havoc on my health in a physical way, I have to seriously consider why I am falling apart. True, some of the things I have been handed in life lately have been challenging, but there is a small part of me that wonders if my abandoned outlet, writing, was a factor in my mounting stress. Even if I didn't have a completely honest release, it was still a release when I wrote something. And for me, there is a sense of escapism in my fiction writing. I can pretend. I surround myself with friends of my mind, and there is some comfort in that. Kind of like when I read a good book, but with my characters I can control what they do. For a control freak, that is an important component. So, merely for the therapeutic aspect of it, I am going to try and write again. I don't really care if anyone reads what I write, I can pretend I have an audience of thousands, not that I would REALLY want that. Okay, I JUST lied. I would love an audience of thousands regarding my fiction, though maybe not my real life. But if this means that I have a healthy outlet, than by all means it is worth a try. And before I get any lectures, yes, I am trying to exercise too, but that is a physical release, writing is my mental release.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad to see you blogging again. This post made me think of something I read (and loved) recently. Check this out: http://www.jonacuff.com/stuffchristianslike/2008/06/271-being-afraid-to-use-our-gifts/comment-page-1/. I hope you find what you are looking for in the act of writing!
Post a Comment