Back in November I decided to take a break from social media again. For the most part it has been a positive change, though at times I miss the updates from my friends that I don't email or talk on the phone to regularly. Yesterday it struck me however, that one person has been noticeably absent from my life for too long, but social media participation wouldn't really fix that either. It has been a little over a year, since I have been able to regularly connect with my sister-in-law. I was completely amazed last night, when I considered just how much our lives have changed in the last year. For her, she has cared for her father, lost her father, settled his estate in a different state, and started a new job. I miss the days where she and I would connect every week with a phone call, but at the same time I thrilled about the fact that she has a job that she loves and is great at. Truthfully, it has probably been the balm that has helped her through many wounds of the last year.
On the flip side, my last year, until this past week, yielded excess time, that used to be filled with caring for my grandmothers. For the last several months, I have been "still". Working my way through the grief of their absence, and any number of issues that come along with that. I feel like I am finally making my way to the other side of that. Now, I have a new, temporary part-time job, and we are also embarking on a new approach in our homeschooling life come the fall. The opportunities that will come with that already have me excited about the next school year.
I do get some chat time with my brother these days, as he is usually able to catch me on his commute home from work, so that is fun to reconnect with him. We used to rely on my sister-in-law to keep us up to speed on each other for the most part, or our parents. But even with all the positives that are finally emerging in our lives, I do miss her dreadfully. Every weekend disappears as quickly as it started, and I find that I have missed another opportunity to catch her. So, since I *think* she reads my blog on occasion, I am dedicating this one to her. To let her know that I miss her wisdom, her humor, her calm, her creativity, and that I am in awe of her strength, her honesty, and her faith. And even though, we don't connect nearly often enough for my liking these days, I think about her all the time. Love you J!
No comments:
Post a Comment