Monday, May 28, 2012
Toothpaste Etiquette
Not long ago, I bought individual toothpaste tubes for each family member, because the shared tube was completely disrespected by someone in the family. I had to revise my method of discovering the culprit of disrespect, because the tubes got mixed up, and ALL tubes of toothpaste were a mess, due to cross-usage. So, then I bought individual tubes and wrote our names on each tube AND initials on each cap. Personally, I don't care if someone squeezes the tube in the middle and doesn't systematically work the tube from the bottom to top, I do however, despise a) having the cap left off the tube and b) someone scrunching the tube tightly in his or her fist. This new system of toothpaste tube monitoring has revealed the offender in a rather glaring way, and has eased my previous paste peevishness because my tube is pleasantly capped after each use and remains mostly uniform in shape. In fact everyone in general seems happier. My youngest, follows in my toothpaste using footsteps. She loathes the uncapped tube, because it seems that if a stray hair is on the bathroom counter it immediately adheres and ravels itself around the exposed end of the tube, becoming semi-permanently encrusted in the drying toothpaste at the end of the tube. This grosses both of us out. We both cap, and are not precise squeezers. My husband leans toward the systematic squeezing, as well as capping. So that leaves, my eldest. Daily, her cap can be found in any number of spots, which would cause me to rethink ever using the cap again after seeing where it lands some days. Additionally, she is most definitely the scruncher. Her mangled tube of toothpaste remains on the counter after every use, while the rest of us use ours and put them away. In light of this recent discovery, I am already planning on gifting her and her future husband with several hundreds of his and hers tubes of toothpaste as wedding presents. Perhaps they will have an affinity for different types and flavors of toothpastes, and it might not ever be an issue, but I guarantee, if they share a tube it will get ugly in a hurry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment