Friday, July 4, 2008
Chasing Fireworks
Tonight I let my children stay up to see the fireworks. We decided to try and see them from our own backyard, but there are far too many trees to have a really good view. So I plopped them in the car, and we followed the lights in the sky. We could have gone to one of the city parks to see them up close and personal, but I really despise being in large crowds. Even if you somehow manage to extricate yourself quickly from the crowd, then your car is hemmed in, and you sit in traffic forever. This was much more fun. We finally settled in, not far from the action, at a near empty parking lot belonging to an office building. There were maybe ten other cars there with people that had also stumbled upon this great spot. The kids and I picked out fireworks that looked like flowers, rainbows, showers of pixie dust, and millions of little Tinkerbells flying in the sky. It was the perfect amount of time; both kids were able to see the grand finale of countless fireworks being set off in quick succession, and by the time I arrived back home my youngest was sound asleep. Now that I know the perfect spot, we won't have to chase the fireworks next year. I will just head there straight away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment