Wednesday, July 16, 2008
The Day to Day
After a week of rest, we have launched into busy mode. Monday we started school again, which so far is going really well. My youngest even wants to have school time, so I have been trying to work on making time for that this year. Also, my eldest is taking swimming lessons right now, and is halfway through the first level. I have found that my eldest is extremely enthusiastic and good-spirited, but not technically proficient at a lot of the concepts. So we will practice, practice, practice. As for my youngest, she is extremely put out, as her swimming lessons don't begin until the end of July. Everyday, she puts on her suit too, and says, "I am going to swimming lessons!" And everyday I have to crush her spirit and say, "No, not yet." The tears, the agony, the complete unfairness of life! I really did try to schedule them for the same time period, but it just didn't work out that way. Yesterday we did the annual haircut for my eldest, and the very first haircut for my youngest. It was kind of emotional for me, because my little one looks so mature now. The only thing that soothed my soul over the whole transition of appearance, was that my youngest had so much hair cut off that we were able to donate it to Locks of Love. So it went for a great cause. In addition to all this activity, we received an updated quote on the repairs for our rental house. What was initially a mind blowing $3K has now moved upwards to $4,500. The stress of it all is starting to take its toll. It appears two major quotes had not been submitted in the first round that we received. My husband and I, in an effort to save some money, will have to now find time to drive over to our rental and do some work ourselves. The catch will be planning it so we can do everything at once while we are there. Otherwise we will simply begin burning up the "savings of doing it ourselves' by spending it in gas. To be completely honest, I seriously doubt I will be a lot of help to my husband. Most of the tasks are not things I have done before, but I am willing to give it a try. That is our lives in a nutshell. My parents are taking my kids to a movie today, so I get a little me time. Maybe I will drink a coffee and read a book. I haven't done that in awhile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment