Thursday, July 10, 2008
Happy Camper!
Today has been an interesting day. Things have happened, that in the last month would have put me on (or over) the edge, but today I am able to take them in stride. I think that is the benefit of having the chance to relax this week; to not cater to any obligations other than things that involve having fun. Today we finally received the estimates for the repairs and updates that need to be completed on our rental house, $3000. Heart stopping when I first received the number. But we are in a situation where we have to do them, or continue on the sinking ship of no renters, and being unable to sell the house in a declining market. A lot of work is being done and supplies are being purchased, so it is not that I think it is unreasonable, it is just a big number. After a year of losses with the rental house, I am a little scared of making any further investment, but you have to spend money to make it, right? Then I touched base with our insurance company again, my husband has had medical claims, beginning in March, declined. There aren't many claims, but these doctors are expecting payment from someone, and so of course they are looking to us. The insurance company still hasn't fixed the problem. I admit I did lose my temper today with the customer service rep., whose excuse was, "we have been trying to reach our parent company, but have not been able to get through to them". They have been trying for almost a month to get in touch with someone that is essentially part of their own company. I don't buy that excuse. Supposedly, I will be getting a call in the next 24 to 48 hours to update me on the situation. Anyway, lately, this stuff would have sent me into a tailspin, but not today. I am in a good mood, because whatever happens, I really do love my life. I love being at home with my kids. I love my husband. We are all in good health. And we love the Lord. When it is all said and done, it really doesn't get much better than that. So that's that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment