Thursday, July 3, 2008

My Husband Needs to Take a Valium

My husband is acting like a cruise ship director. We have our 13 year old nephew staying with us for the next couple of days, and while it is our goal to entertain him, my husband is taking it to the nth degree. My husband keeps looking at me, and asking, "What are we doing next? Where are we going?" Um, nothing and no where? The last thing I want to do is be on the constant move the next four days. Besides, I think my nephew can handle a little down time. It is real life at our house not to be constantly on the go. We are in fact, very dull people. Not to mention, on average days, when my husband is at work, if I go anywhere, like to see family (6 miles roundtrip) he gives me grief for wasting gas. Double standard. Apparently, I am a drag according to him, if I don't produce an agenda a mile long of fun and fascinating activities for my nephew the next four days, and am not ready to bounce out the door at a moment's notice. Furthermore, I guess it is my thought that we should space out the activities instead of cramming everything into one day. Perhaps one "outing" per day? Frankly, if he keeps up at this pace, we will all be staring at each other on Saturday with nothing left to do at all.

No comments: