And for the record, I didn't look into the car, because it was the same level of filthy as mine on the outside, so I didn't even consider needing to look inside. It even had a splatter of white paint on it, like my van. In retrospect, I realized that its splatter was in a different location, but at that moment in time, that minor detail did not register.
Saturday, October 3, 2009
Mistaken Identity
I am not having a good car month. I went to the store, and came out to unlock my van with the remote and it would not work. I tried multiple times, wondering what I was going to do. It is a sad commentary to admit that I have gotten so used to using a remote that I actually forgot that I could use a key to get into my car. Anyway, when the thought finally occurred to me, I slid the key in the door, and it would not turn. After having my car freak out on me a few weeks back, and honk like mad, I determined that some weird lockdown had occurred. Walking around the minivan, I was cursing myself for not signing up for AAA. At least then I could have a tow without incurring cost, but I was waiting until closer to our Disney trip. I also, envisioned what kind of a phone conversation would take place between my husband and me; it was not pretty. I get to the passenger door, and of course it would not unlock either. Blasted car! I wanted to howl at the sky I was so frustrated. At this point, I was considering jumping up and down on the back end of it like a gorilla and just venting my rage on the stupid thing when I looked up and saw that parked two spaces down, was another van exactly like mine. Trying to act stealthy, I casually walked over to that van and pointed my remote at it. Yep, it unlocked. Let's just say, I am very thankful I didn't have a major meltdown on someone else's car.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment