Sunday, August 16, 2009

Birthday Girl

All in all, my birthday was a happy one. I was sang too, given cards, flowers, gifts, and overall I was pampered. However, I think the most interesting comment I received today was, "Happy Birthday! Are you actually getting thin again?" Hmm. How do you respond to that? "I don't know, you tell me." Or "I hope so." Or "I don't know, was I getting fat for awhile?" Oh well, I guess it was a sort of compliment, in a very backhanded way. I have found over the years that if I need a reality check on my appearance I should just ask my kids. They are brutally honest, and since today they both thought I looked beautiful (as they said it many times unsolicited) I will rely on those opinions. Another person at church asked how old I was, a question that someday soon will be very impolite to ask, but I jokingly said that I had just turned 29. She said, "Honey, no one believes 29. You either need to go up or down from that age." I said, "Fine, then I am 27, is that better?" I might be able to pass for that. Maybe. Maybe not. Anyway, I had a great day and I thank my family and friends for making it that way for me. Love you all!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I'll never forget the time that I forgot your birthday. It was your sweet 16. Your dad told me to remember 16 on the 16th. So...I'll always think of you as 16!! :)