Yep. I SO don't like cooking for my family.
Monday, August 24, 2009
Free Personal Chef Needed
I admit it. I really don't enjoy cooking. Obviously, I do it because we need to eat, and we can't afford a personal chef or to eat out every meal. I think one reason I hate cooking is because my family leaves me no room to be creative. My husband is an obscenely picky eater, and my kids, for the most part, follow his lead. Everything has to be pretty basic. Tonight, I made grilled pork chops (seasoned with a barbecue rub), broccoli, and steamed new potatoes lightly salted and buttered. The kids also had applesauce. I was actually pretty pleased with the menu, and everything in my opinion was pretty tasty. But the complaining, the crying, the agony! You would have thought I was trying to force feed my children liver and onions! Silently, I began cleaning the supper dishes while my husband was trying to wrangle a deal with the kids to eat their food. Finally, when he joined me at the sink, I said to him, "This is why I hate cooking. The kids always complain that the food is disgusting." To which my youngest pipes up, "We don't think it is disgusting. We just hate it."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I so love her! Even when she is a stinker. I hear you on the cooking, although for different reasons. My boys are super easy to please (usually - "the boy" is a little more difficult than his father) - I just hate standing at a stove or being tied to a timer when I could be doing so many other things!
Post a Comment