Wednesday, August 26, 2009
The Devil That You Know
This morning, I had an ENT appointment. I have seen this doctor before, and he informed me on my last visit that I had a deviated septum. Today, when he was examining me, he looked up my nose with his handy dandy nostril spreader, which makes me giggle everytime he uses it, and he announced, "Well, your nose is STILL crooked." I laughed and told him that I didn't figure that would have changed between this visit and my last one. For the time being, we are treating my nasal congestion with a nose spray, but he emphasized that if it stopped working for me then I should probably consider having my nose fixed. Honestly, I am not opposed to fixing the problem, except for one major concern. Every time a celebrity has a "deviated septum" fixed, she (it is always a she) comes out of it with an entirely different nose. I don't LOVE my nose, but I definitely don't hate it either. I would certainly hate to mess with it, and then come out with something that I really don't like at all. Therefore, unless it creates big problems, I shall continue dancing with this devil of a nose that I have known for 30+ years, rather than hedging bets on one I don't know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment