Friday, September 4, 2009
Keeping it Light
I admit it. I am a "fluff" reader. I read for pure enjoyment. In fact, I steer clear of anything that might send a message or teach me something. I hate crying over books, and I loathe drama in my reading. As I said, I am all about the fluff. Why? Because life has enough drama of its own. If I am going to spend time with a book then I want it to be escapism. I want it to make me laugh. In fact, when I find time to write fiction I write in a similar vein. I write what I would like to read. Spare me the political, environmental, sexual, and religious tangents. I can read about those in the newspaper or see a program about them on television. Give me the light-hearted stuff anyday in my novel reading. Most of the books I read belong to a series, so I feel like when I get a new one in the series then I am checking in with old friends. In fact, I love introducing my real life friends to my "imaginary" ones. So the next time someone asks me what I am reading, be fully prepared for an answer like "Plum Pudding Murder" (due out in October or September 29th).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Do you mean Plum Pudding Murder? Due out September 29? =-)
I was on a fluffy puffy roll! I changed it. :)
Post a Comment