Sunday, September 20, 2009
Worship
For me, I am starting to feel like church is becoming less about worship and more about politics and obligations. It is extremely frustrating. Today when I went into service, I didn't do it with a clear head. Conversations prior to the service got things stirring in my mind, as well as, the anticipation of a meeting following the service. I only have the opportunity to attend service twice a month right now, since I am serving in the children's area the other Sundays, so it really bothers me when I can't get my head in the game. But I just didn't feel engaged. I feel more worshipful and connected to God through a weekly Bible Study that I do than anything else right now. I miss looking forward to Sunday morning. Instead, I find I am dragging myself there. It is disheartening when the children's pastor doesn't want to be working with my kids, or any kids for that matter, and announces it almost weekly. It is discouraging that the worship music in the traditional service is stale and old school, but the preaching in the contemporary service is random, nonsensical, and uninspiring. We have recently built a new church, yet we already have space issues, and a handful of people are unwilling to make concessions for the majority's need. These constant games of tug of war and pass the buck are exhausting. Why are we really there? What happened to the point of it all, which is worshiping our Heavenly Father and fellowship? Instead, church has become a business, and in the case of ours, it is starting to feel like a poorly run business. Doesn't anyone else miss what church is supposed to be about?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm with ya sister! Its disappointing what church has become. We've been on both spectrum's...I guess it boils down to what does God want to say to me through the muddle of everything else!! Things are going well for us right now in MI although the music is like nothing you have ever heard before...literally. We also are having issues with the youth pastor. I told Tim, "Why can't we find a church without problems?" I guess as long as there are people in those churches - we won't. Hang in there!
Post a Comment