Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

It has been a busy weekend. My husband and I celebrated our anniversary, and I have to concede he recovered nicely from his faux pas. He DID in fact reschedule the visit with his parents to today and we were able to have our Saturday date day. We went to a not so great movie, and my husband had the nerve to suggest that my movie picking skills were declining. I reminded him that he had made the ultimate movie decision, I had given him a couple to choose from. However, the movie was bad enough that at one point we discussed the possibility of leaving. If you know me at all, that rarely happens, because if I am going to spend money on a movie I will usually endure it to the bitter end. Thankfully, it took a SLIGHT turn toward improving so we stuck it out, but I cannot recommend it to anyone.

Yesterday, we spent a good portion of the day at a revolutionary era festival...is it just me or is the best part of most festivals the food? The offerings were unqiue to the time period, but I have to say that the cream puff I tasted could not be beat. My picky eating children were less satisfied with the options, but that was too bad. We watched a sword swallower sometimes through our fingers, and we saw a clown act that was more comedy than clown, but entertaining nonetheless. Today we spent a relaxed afternoon with his parents, did a little shopping and eating, and now I am winding down...tired from being on the go all weekend.

Hope you had a great weekend too!

No comments: