Tonight I watched a television show that tauted the promise "I can make you thin." The four golden rules to weight loss were:
-When you are hungry, eat.
-Eat what you want.
-Eat consciously (i.e. without distraction and slowly).
-When you think you are full-stop.
Interesting concepts, but they seem a little too good to be true. The jury is still out as to whether I have wasted an hour of my life by watching this show, but the host had some valid points. I may give it a try this week just to see. Lately, I have been in such an anti-diet mood. I just haven't been able to stay on the bandwagon. I will start the week dieting, and end it in surrender, usually to a food item that I was depriving myself of at the beginning of the week. As for the golden rules laid out on this program I don't think I will have any problem accomplishing rules one and two, but three and four will need some work. I can't remember the last time I ate without distraction. I may need to start eating by myself if I want to accomplish that feat. And I never eat slowly for the mere fact that I know I am going to be interrupted at any moment. It seems like the second I sit down to eat someone else in my family expresses an immediate and urgent need. Therefore, I inhale my food. At any rate I was intrigued. If you are interested in reading more about this for yourself here is the link that will lead you into a weight loss revolution, maybe. http://www.mckenna.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment