Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Disconnect
Yesterday I couldn't find my cell phone anywhere. The last time I had remembered using it, after being reminded when I had last used it, was Sunday afternoon. I looked all of the usual places. Called it, but to no avail. I couldn't hear it ringing. Assuming it had lost it's charge, I settled in for a long and arduous search. I even resorted to asking my three year old, because when things disappear around here the culprit is generally my little one. Without my cell phone I felt a little disconnected from the world, no pun intended. I searched all day with no luck. When my husband returned home from work, he complained that I had put some VBS paraphernalia on his desk, the only reason he noticed it I am sure, is because he had just recently cleaned his desk. Otherwise, my items could have sat their for days. Anyway, not wanting to hear any further complaints, I collected the things from his desk. For VBS I keep most of my supplies in a large barrel-like lidded tin. I opened it up, and looked down, and there of all places, was my cell phone. The really perplexing part is that as I retraced my steps Sunday afternoon, there was no earthly reason for me to lift the lid and put my phone inside. I hadn't deposited any VBS related items into the tin the day before. I guess, unconsciously, I needed a break from people on Sunday, and that was my way of getting it. Naturally the tin obscured the signal to my phone, and that is why I didn't hear it when I tried calling it on Monday. Anyway, I am re-connected today, and am hoping that sort of mindless behavior comes to an end. I have too much on my plate to do silly things like that right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment