Monday, June 16, 2008
On the Brink of Insanity
We had a wonderfully crazy weekend. My husband graduated from his Master's program, my eldest had two final rehearsals and a dance recital, my youngest had a raging fever, my dog was puking and pooping his guts out - mostly inside my house, I could barely walk because I had severe back pain, and in the midst of this we also threw a party. Even with all of the chaos, it was a pretty good weekend. But if you think my stress level has had the opportunity to return to normal, that is a fairly invalid assumption. This morning I took my youngest to the doctor, the white pus on the throat again, meant I needed to rule out strep. It is viral. So, there is nothing we can do for it. My children are beyond exhausted and are grumpy and emotional. The fighting and the crying, the agony! Our rental house, hasn't had renters for almost three months, and the company that has been managing it has been less than aggressive about finding renters OR getting on the ball about selling it. We have been trying to engage them for a month regarding selling the house. The rental agency finally sent us numbers today that they believe would be reasonable for us to ask for it in a selling situation and basically their suggestions are $12,000 less than what we owe the bank for the house. VBS is next week, and while nearly all of our volunteers and helpers are FABULOUS, we have run into a huge hiccup today. We were told by someone at our church that we would not be able to use the gymnasium because there was simply no one equipped to run the new sound board. It was suggested that we use a different room, a much smaller, and basically inadequate space for the number of children we are expecting. We are in the process of trying to iron out the problem, but it creates a new level of stress, considering everything else that my co-director and I need to accomplish in the next week. That, and quite a few of our supplies that we ordered weeks ago, have not arrived from the local Christian bookstore. Honestly, I have quite a headache developing. There is only one thing for me to do, and that is to spend a little time ferreted away in my room tonight watching Pride and Prejudice. A little quality time with Mr. Darcy and I should at least be able to stave off total insanity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
surely someone knows how to run that sound system! They can't train one of you? I know you don't have gobs of time or energy for one more thing, but that is at least "one more thing" that makes other things more manageable!
Makes you wonder how committed our church really is to reaching out to new people, doesn't it?
Post a Comment