Thursday, June 26, 2008
Not Quite Barney
Tonight I had to run a couple of errands, and left the children in my husband's charge. Apparently, during my absence, my youngest found a purple marker. I think you can all imagine the result. Shortly, after my return home I see my youngest dart by me, with brightly striped purple legs. I turned to my husband, "Um, did you just see our child?" Typical response, "No, why?" I called my youngest back, and pointed to the offending appendages. "Notice anything?" Husbandly answer, "Huh. I wonder when that happened." I wonder. I marched my youngest to the bathroom, and began to scrub the stripes away. I wasn't angry, but curious, so I asked, "Honey, why exactly did you mark all over your legs?" Innocently, my youngest said, "I wanted to look like a dinosaur." Not acquainted with many dinosaurs with stripes on the legs, and purple no less, I said, "Really. And purple stripes make you look dinosaur-like?" "Oh yes Mommy! I love purple-striped dinosaurs!" Well, who doesn't?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment