Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Emergency Airplane

Today I was working in our office when my eldest came in to show me her latest invention...the emergency airplane. As it was explained to me, this paper airplane will be flown to me if a problem develops in the house while I am on the telephone. The example I was given was "if SOMEONE is bothering me Mom, then I can fly this to you and you can read about WHO might be causing the trouble. Then I don't interrupt you, but you know it is an emergency and can get off the phone immediately." Since I don't have six kids, only two, I figure I could probably narrow down who might be causing my eldest grief on any given occasion without the help of an emergency airplane, but it was creative. I looked at the ingenious little airplane where on each of the wings the word "open" was written, and then once unfolded there was the following message already printed, "My sister is being mean to me. When you get off the phone PLEASE HELP!" I guess my daughter just wants to be prepared. I didn't point out that, generally, when I am on the phone I usually hear if there is trouble, long before a paper airplane could be flown at me. Screaming and hitting are often clear indicators. About 15 minutes following her presentation, my husband and I were sitting in our living room discussing the new invention, when we hear a scream, a slap, and stomping feet. Next thing we see is a paper airplane flying into the living room...I guess it can also be used when we aren't on the phone.

1 comment:

Jaymie said...

Fantastic story!