Today I had a horrendous headache. I don't get those often, but really when I do, they make it hard to move or even think. Despite the headache I had to forge on, although I found very little humorous today, except this conversation between my children.
We were driving to ballet class this afternoon, and we passed a woman walking a black dog. My youngest declared, "I just love black doggies!" My eldest said, "Yeah, just like our dog Spencer. You remember that he was black right?" My eldest has the knack of assuming an almost reverent tone of voice when referencing our last dog, and this occasion was no different. Not cluing into the "gravity" of the topic, my youngest enthusiastically answers, "Yes, I remember he WAS black...but then he turned white."
And of course when that metamorphosis occurred we gave him the name Brinkley.
No comments:
Post a Comment