Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Not in a Good Mood
Today is one of those days that I feel like I am a slave to my family. My husband is feeling unwell, so his participation as part of this family unit is non-existent. The kids have been less than obedient, and I have been running myself ragged getting errands done, obtaining insurance quotes (for a possible job change for my husband), homeschooling our eldest, and trying to figure out what the hell our rental management company has done to screw up our accounts with them. At this rate we won't receive any mortgage payments for our rental house until sometime in 2009. I am grumpy and bitter and feeling an overwhelming sense of under-appreciation in this household. I got home from the grocery store at 9:00 this evening to find my kids still not in bed, clothes strewn around the house (literally from one end of the house to the other), television blaring, markers all over the table without caps on them, a mess in the bathroom, and my husband laying face down on the bed. My youngest screamed at me the entire time I put groceries away, all because she wanted a drink and I wasn't producing it fast enough for her. It was the proverbial "last straw". Yes, I resorted to slamming doors. And maybe some ranting. I think the thing that really bugs the crap out of me is the old adage that mom's don't get any time off. Even when I am sick, I am pretty much responsible for my kids, i.e. making sure the house doesn't fall down around our ears while my husband is at work, but then I am gone for a little less than an hour and all hell is breaking loose. It doesn't compute with me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment