Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sisterly Love

This conversation took place between my two children on the way home from church today. To set the scene I should note that my youngest had received candy in a nicely decorated box during Sunday School today.

Eldest: Can I see your candy in the pretty box?
Youngest: No. It's mine.
Eldest: Why not?
Youngest: Because it's mine.
Eldest: Why don't you ever share your things?
Youngest: Because they are MY things, and I LOVE them. (emphasis was placed vehemently on the capitalized words.)
Eldest: You know that isn't very nice, not to share your things. There are poor people all over the world, like me, that don't have the nice things you have. We need people like you to share things with us.
(It was all I could do not to burst out laughing over this weak, but creative guilt-trip. My youngest was less impressed).
Youngest: No! I am not sharing!
Eldest: Mom! Make her share with me!
Youngest: Mommy No! It's mine!

Ah! Just a nice enjoyable drive home on a Sunday afternoon.

No comments: