Thursday, October 23, 2008
Love Will Keep Us Warm
Our furnace had a problem. We knew it. But we thought we knew what the problem was, and we thought that it was insignificant. (Let's just establish right here and now that neither my husband or I are heating experts, and clearly we never will be). Anyway, after four days of our heater being on and acting unpredictable at best, we knew we needed to call a repair person before the really cold weather set in. After all, it wouldn't be any big deal, it was just a sensor that needed to be replaced. Right. So I was out and about this afternoon while my husband dealt with the service call. The first phone call I received from my husband amounted to, "It's not good." The second phone call started, "We are SO screwed." I arrive home and find a large red paper on our furnace indicating that it has been disabled by a specialist due to potentially harmful gas issues, i.e. carbon monoxide. I won't go into everything that was wrong with it, perhaps the list of things that are all right with it would be shorter to publish. Long story short, our furnace is done. The really great news, besides the exorbitant price tag, is the fact that it will be November 4th before they can get something new installed. Before I get any lectures, I do realize how lucky we are that the furnace didn't catch on fire or poison us all, so in the grand scheme of things this is a small price to pay. It just hurts a little anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment