Sunday, August 3, 2008
August Blur
I can't believe it is already August, although admittedly, I am looking forward to fall...and yes, maybe even winter. We have a busy month ahead of us, my youngest will definitely be having tonsils and adenoids removed towards the end of the month. Last weekend, we had another bout of illness. It just seems like the best course of action at this time for us to move ahead with surgery. I am a bit apprehensive, but feel like we are doing the right thing. We are stocking up on DVDs and little things to keep her occupied during recovery. Pretty much 5 days of doing nothing, and ten days of no contact with other children following the surgery. I am sure we will all be stir crazy after that. My grandmother bought (both of my kids) new pajamas, and a new movie each, to prepare for the big event. We have set the movies aside, but I am letting them break in the pj's. In addition to this impending event, we have had a lot of work to do on our rental house to get it prepared for renters. I use the "we" collectively, even though I was not part of the actual work at the house. That honor goes to my husband, father, father-in-law, mother-in-law, and nephew. I held down the homefront instead. We all are hoping that the rental management company can finish the job soon, so that it will take that stress off of us. In the midst of all this craziness I have an upcoming birthday, a few more weeks of swimming lessons for my youngest, and a new role to prepare for in a new homeschool co-op that I am joining. This month will be busy for us. Pray for health and safety for my youngest, and sanity for the rest of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment