Friday, August 15, 2008

Welcome Surprise

This week has been a bit of a stressful week, with the UNwelcome surprise of my youngest falling and breaking her arm. Then the onset of another throat infection followed on the heels of that trauma. Having been pretty much restricted to the house, I was getting a little stir crazy, or maybe just plain crazy. Last night, I had a meeting for a new homeschool co-op that I am joining, so it was my husband's turn to take over nursing duty. My husband seemed fairly consumed with finding out what time I would be home. In fact, he asked me on two cell phone calls after my departure when I would return. I just figured that he was a little nervous about staying home alone with our little one in this precarious state. Turns out, instead, the three of them cleaned the house, baked a cake, and decorated for my upcoming birthday. I got home to homemade cards, happy birthday signs, and good spirits. The actual present that I was given, though something I wanted, was the least important aspect of the night. It was so good to see my little one up, and being such a trooper. She was really trying to act "normal". Today we still have had difficult moments, though it is getting easier. As far as I am concerned though, I have already celebrated my birthday, and it was great.

No comments: