I think my three year old is officially qualified to provide diva lessons to anyone that might need them. She has been a little difficult to live with lately, granted we are trying to cut slack, because we know she is in pain, but that only goes so far. I was hoping that she would be completely pain free by this point, but she still wakes up with pain in her cheeks, from having her adenoids removed. That, and it is still an ordeal to get her to drink. Maybe another week? Anyway, we are all muddling through.
The other night my husband and I attended a meeting for the homeschool co-op that I am joining with my kids this fall. It looks like it will be a really neat experience for all of us. The kids will be covering all sorts of neat topics in their elective class, and then they have gym and Bible classes that they attend as well. On our "off" Fridays there will be planned field trips to attend, so we will have plenty of opportunity to connect with the other homeschooling families. My husband was a great sport, I dragged him along to the meeting, and he was one of four men in a room of forty plus women. He teased me a little for making him go to the meeting, but I thought it was important for him to see what kinds of things we would be doing in this group. I can tell him, but if he sees the agenda firsthand it makes more of an impression. So now, I am ready to get back into the groove.. Next week launches the beginning of all of our school year extracurricular activities so I am kind of excited to get into an actual schedule again and recommence planning out our year. I found a quote last week that I thought was priceless, and describes me to perfection. "Adventure is just bad planning."
No comments:
Post a Comment